Monday, October 31, 2011

Wise words.



"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened." -Dr. Suess

What a wise man, writing colorful whimsical books for children, and slipping in little lessons for us 'grown-ups'. Life changes so quickly, whether you are getting married, graduating from college, having babies or moving to foreign countries. 

One day, I am just riding my bike Lucy to class, drinking loads of free coffee and shuffling around campus in a total bliss of low responsibility. And then out to nowhere, I become a woman of the workforce. It seems so odd, I know that I am still considered young, but I can feel myself changing like a real Northeast Autumn. 

I drove around Abilene last weekend in auto-pilot. Nothing seemed distant or far from me, but I realized the town is no longer my home. It is difficult to let go of community, to move forward with life and be glad about it; but Dr. Seuss is right to suggest that we choose to smile rather than pout. 

So today I am traipsing around with a metaphorical broad faced grin. And still selling glass. 

No comments:

Post a Comment