Friday, October 21, 2011

Nothing I do is on purpose.

Last night I gathered up my day old hair and twisted it into a braid, starting at my crown and cascading down to the nape of my neck, it looked pretty good. I did it watching TV, no mirror or comb involved. 
I love this picture. Capturing the light, focus and sparkle in her eyes all at the same time was practically a miracle. Especially since she spent the rest of the day in child-tantrum tears. The truth? I took this photo by accident. 

In fact, I would go as far as to claim that practically nothing that turns out right in my life was done on purpose. 

Crafting, cooking, painting, job profession, singing harmony, sewing, photography...all of it I attempt to conquer and always end up with a product different than my initial intentions. This is a funny truth to life I think, if it turned out the way I planned when I was sixteen, I would be married to a Baptist youth pastor with a baby on the way. Instead I am a single lady, braving the workforce and living with my parents; quite an unexpected accidental adventure. 

I think this unexpected adventure is worth it for those moments of getting it right. 
Feeding a baby 

Giving a GOOD haircut

Getting caught laughing...

Getting caught planking. 

Having a friend know you so well they tag you in this picture:

Finding great friends

What about you? 

2 comments:

  1. I love being included in your unexpected adventures. :) I love you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a fabulous friend, and I miss you!

    ReplyDelete