Monday, September 26, 2011
Case of the Mondays...
Taking a hike is a glorious adventure. Driving to work on a Monday is not.
Three weeks ago I started up 'Mouse' the Honda and rumbled off towards the three lane mess-o-traffic when I made a conscious decision, I said "Krisi, today is going to be the best day of your life."
Not Possible. I was in traffic. On a Monday. Going to work. Not New Zealand or Ireland or Boston in the Fall.
You know what? It was not the best day of my life, not by scale of all the days of all time. But it was better. When I quit complaining, I saw all the good life being lived around me.
1. Not being the only woman in the office. (There are only two of us.)
2. Learning a lot about glass. A lot.
3. Cooking meals under the wisdom of a seasoned chef and mother.
4. Discovering that my nine-year old sister turned 15. FIFTEEN.
5. Learning how to walk into a car dealership for the eighth time in one day and not speed away out of fear of rejection. And learning how to beat the snivels with a Sonic hot dog when the ninth car dealership does reject me. Check out where I work here.
What good life is happening around you?