Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Let it Shine

When I was in eighth grade, my Biology teacher began a lecture on the "Big Bang" which I had been taught by my bible believing parents was a great fabrication. I wanted everyone else in the class to be aware of this fact as well, so I unceremoniously thrust my arm in the air and screeched out "Liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiie!"

I still blush crimson when I think about the incident.

It was uncalled for and childish--yet part of me wishes all of my decisions and beliefs could be so indubitable.

The artists All Sons & Daughters write "There are a million truths to every lie, so speak it out loud and let it lift high..." -- I am confronted daily with life's little beauties, but choose instead to grasp to one grimy anxiety.

It's high time I thrust my arm in the air and bellowed out truth.


Brokenness Aside EP Vol 1 by All Sons And Daughters  | CD Reviews And Information | NewReleaseTuesday.com

"Let is Shine" by Sons and Daughters.

There are a million truths for every lie 
So speak it out loud and let it lift high 
There are a million reasons to cover your eyes 
But the light is shining through the darkness we hide 
But the light is shining through the darkness we hide 

So come let it 
Come let it 
Come let it 
Come let it shine x2

There's only one way to wash yourself clean 
So let the dirt fall and get on your knees 
There are a million scars for every mistake 
Oh but we are not chained to the secrets that we've made 
Oh but we are not chained to the secrets that we've mad
     

No comments:

Post a Comment